Head of eCommerce, Major Global Agency Holding Group - GERMANY (based in Dusseldorf, Munich or Berlin)
€150 - €200K base salary + benefits
Our client is one of the pre-eminent global media agency networks and leads the way in terms of strategic thinking, big media ideas and technological innovation through its different platforms and offerings.
We are looking for a Head Of eCommerce who will be a key part of the management infrastructure and the go-to expert within the organisation, tasked with developing the commercials of the full stack eCommerce consulting offering for all clients and partners across the group in EMEA. The Head of Ecommerce has the fantastic opportunity to lead, grow and build a full functioning upstream consultancy practice within the agency to sit as part of the wider organisation. A thorough understanding of Amazon, Marketplaces, DTC strategies and how this all links to real life retail is essential.
The core focus will be around solving eCommerce Business challenges through well planned and effective strategies, improving the conversion and digital experience of client's brands on partner direct selling, retailer websites, and enhance their search ability and drive through to conversion. The aim is to be relevant, memorable, discoverable and drive efficiencies right down to the point of purchase.
The successful incumbent will be tasked with rolling out their successful strategic eCommerce model across the wider agency group in terms of strategy, best practices and successful eCommerce models. The Head Of eCommerce will be responsible for delivering growth of this function and scaling the consulting business across the Germany.
- Provide strong client facing strategic leadership, in a consultative manner that gives clients in our group an edge on their eCommerce strategy
- Be an evangelist - educate clients and provide external and internal agency thought-leadership
- Create successful strategic planning frameworks and models of working utilising all available channels
- Accountable, responsible for the delivery of upstream consultancy across the market and agency
- Build a successful strategy and consulting team who acts as a conduit for the local market when developing eCommerce transformation for clients.
- Develop a profitable business pipeline and create business plans to grow eCommerce across the group.
- Ensure client satisfaction at every stage of the process
- Ensure the connection and integration with performance and biddable solutions teams where these are fully embedded within the agency.
- Create the full stack best-in-class eCommerce model utilising content strategy, eComm add ons such as ratings and reviews, how to work with retail verticals, media planning, in market performance and biddable solutions) and also modulate approach that is industry specific for current and new clients.
- Continually lead on presenting to clients industry/market research findings, eCommerce search trends, eCommerce growth areas, new models to consider
- Lead, build and develop a team via establishing a new practice
- Participate in and lead new business pitches where required
- Work with partner organisations, vendors and internal resources to continually refine and ensure the eCommerce practice is leading the way in terms of innovation and best practices
- 10 + years' experience in eCommerce at either a digital agency or client-side
- Thorough understanding of Amazon, DTC, Retail strategies and how these channels co-exist and link together
- MBA advantageous
- Be a proactive self-starter
- Can do attitude, driven, determined
- Experience managing search projects to enhance eCommerce performance
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Experience managing paid search co-ops with retail or manufacturer partners
- Enjoy educating clients about how optimizing search can drive eCommerce efforts
- Be ambitious, driven and passionate about all things eCommerce, with an excellent knowledge of how search serves as the backbone of online purchases
- Be forward thinking in terms of future-gazing and relate this into defining, innovations, product and operational structures
- Possess good all-round comprehensive knowledge of direct and brand marketing principles and strategies
- Have an adaptive style in being able to communicate often technical ideas in simple terms
- Good negotiating skills and strong with excel and numbers
- Have strong organisational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once